Salary: £16,242 to £17,925
28 days holiday including bank holidays
Tonbridge Grammar School is a top performing educational establishment set in attractive grounds and benefitting from new and recently refurbished facilities.
An experienced maintenance person is sought to work as part of the team responsible for the day-to-day security, safety, cleanliness and general maintenance of the school estate and associated facilities in order to ensure the school environment is safe and fit for purpose; maintaining a high quality teaching and learning environment for users.
Key responsibilities include:
- To carry out security procedures across the School estate including the routine and non-routine opening and closing of the School estate;
- To maintain the School’s health and safety compliance systems including regular water testing and flushing, emergency light and fire alarm tests maintaining registers as required and to report any Health and Safety breaches to the Facilities and Estates Manager;
- To support internal school events by preparing facilities, setting up IT and configuring rooms as required;
- To support external events (commercial lettings) by preparing facilities, setting up IT and configuring rooms as required;
- Report any defects of the estates, furniture, fittings and equipment to the Facilities and Estates Manager;
- To undertake ad hoc urgent repairs including water leaks, repairs of doors, windows and furniture and cleaning up after breakages and spillages;
The successful candidate will be offered an annualised hours contract, consisting of 37 core hours across a 5 day (Monday to Saturday) shift pattern, including early morning and evening shifts. Duty times will vary according the rota, but will include some early starts, evening work and occasional Saturdays.
Tonbridge Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. The School reserves the right to interview candidates before the closing date