If you are currently in Year 9 or above and love singing to the highest level why not audition for a place in this prestigious choir. Our recent performances have wowed public and judges alike.
What we are looking for:
- A clear, ringing sound
- Very good communication and an expressive face
- A strong choral voice with consistent tone throughout your range
- A positive attitude towards sight-reading, and good sight reading skills
In the audition you will be asked to:
- Sing some warm-up exercises to demonstrate your range and consistency of tone, and music memory
- Perform one of the set songs unaccompanied to demonstrate your ability to learn songs quickly. (Learning: L:\Music\Year 9\Motet Choir auditions)
- Perform a short song of your choice showing off your singing voice and communication skills – with or without a backing
- Sight-read a short piece of choral music to show how quickly you pick up new music
Rehearsals are not optional! If you are unable to commit to weekly rehearsals then you should not audition.
Auditions will be between 4–5pm on dates in June 2015.
Register for an audition: firstname.lastname@example.org