Izzy

Years at TGS: 2010-2017.

Subjects you studied in Sixth Form: Higher Level: History, Biology and Chemistry. Standard Level: Latin, Maths and English.

House: Taylor.

School honours: Head Student (Development and Fundraising).

Clubs and societies; Motet Choir, Chamber Choir.

Post school destination: Cambridge University (St Catharine's College).

Course studied: Natural Sciences (Biological).

Current or most recent role: Training Contract Offer Holder at Clifford Chance.

How did the IB help in further study/your job?: I definitely feel the IB put me in a better position than my A-level university friends to tackle the challenges of natural sciences at Cambridge. The course in the first year is extremely demanding, with little room to catch your breath in between supervisions, lectures and practicals, but the IB had prepared me in learning to manage my time well and knowing how best to work when you are juggling multiple things at once.

Studying History, English and Latin also kept the "wordy" part of my brain in gear, which has given me an edge in essays over my pure science A-level peers. I also think the IB has helped me in my job applications, and the opportunities I can make the most of at uni, as it actively encouraged me to keep up my interests and extra-curricular commitments as part of CAS, which has made me a more interesting and fulfilled person.

How did TGS support your application to further education?: My tutor provided me with endless support in writing and rewriting my personal statement, and also gave me mock interviews for Cambridge. The Sixth Form team were stars in helping us through the UCAS admissions process, and providing invaluable Oxbridge specific advice.

What did TGS 'give' you that has stayed with you throughout your life?: Amazing memories and confidence in my ability to achieve whatever I set my mind to

What would you tell someone thinking of studying at TGS?: Do it! I wholeheartedly believe that if it were not for the environment of like minded, conscientious girls TGS provided me with from year 7 to year 11, I would not have achieved as much academically as I have now.

Moreover, the IB made me develop massively in terms of my skills to manage my time and workload, which has set me up well for the challenges of university study. As well as this, the opportunity for extra-curriculars at TGS compared to other state schools is just outstanding - with an award winning choir, amazing outreach projects such as the LCO Music Junction, Malawi trip or Scott's Project, and top notch sports clubs and facilities.

Where do you hope to be in 10 years’ time?: Respected in my field, having made an impact and with the ability to keep progressing onwards to bigger and better things.

What drives you?: The hope that hard work will lead to me achieving the best life I can, and making a lasting impact on the world too.

Where would we find you on a day off?: Spending quality time with friends trying out something new.

What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?: Enthusiastic, driven, friendly.

What one thing would make the world a better place?: Educating girls in impoverished communities.

The most inspirational place you've been?: Cambridge!!

What makes you smile?: Singing great music in a choir full of friends.

Favourite book of all time?: Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Laini Taylor.

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?: A professional singer!