Michaela

Years at TGS: 2009-2016.

House: Taylor.

Destination after TGS: Coventry University.

Course Studied: MEng Mechanical Engineering.

Current or most recent role: Year long Engineering Intern at Rolls-Royce (Defence Aerospace).

Top 3 memories of your time at TGS?: Whole-form picnics on the field, the year 12 French exchange, Young Enterprise.

If you studied the IB Diploma, how has this helped in further study/your job?: It encouraged me to go out and volunteer about the things I'm passionate about and improved my time-management skills greatly.

How did TGS support your application to further education?: Drafting cover letters to send to universities.

What would you tell someone thinking of studying at TGS?: Be prepared to work hard.

What's the most challenging/rewarding part of your job?: Having reached a milestone where I can finally see my hard work paying off.

Where do you hope to be in 10 years’ time?: Having found the perfect balance between work and home life. In my career I want to be managing a number of engineers and I'd also like to keep doing voluntary work towards improved diversity in STEM.

What drives you?: Satisfaction of doing something that I and other are proud of.

Where would we find you on a day off?: Ideally on holiday, but usually at home.

What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?: Ambitious, outgoing and curious.

What one thing would make the world a better place?: Everybody having self-confidence.

The most inspirational place you've been?: The IMechE headquarters in Westminster.

What makes you smile?: Spending time with friends.

Favourite book of all time?: All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr.

When you were young, what did you want to be when you grew up?: An inventor.