February update from TGS Admissions
MARCH 2ND UPDATE: CUT OFF SCORES, SEE INFORMATION BELOW
Year 6 families:
As we approach National Offer Day on Thursday 1st March I wanted to share some information to help you plan ahead.
Parents in Kent will be advised of the school their daughter has been allocated either:
- by email after 4pm on 1st March, or;
- by logging into the e-Admissions site after 5pm on 1st March, and/or;
- by post to arrive on 2nd March.
Letters from KCC will include an acceptance/refusal form, a waiting list form and details of other options if you have not been allocated a school you are happy with.
Other Local Authorities may have different arrangements.
- KCC acceptance/refusal forms should be returned to the school for the attention of the Mrs Court, Year 7 Admissions by 16th March. If you would like your acceptance acknowledged please include an email address on the form. If you live outside Kent and have been offered a place at TGS please contact the Admissions Office email@example.com as well as following the instructions you have been given when accepting or refusing the place. If you live outside Kent and have not been offered a place at TGS you will receive a KCC waiting list request form in the post within a few days.
- Waiting list forms should be returned to Admissions Team, Room 2.20, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, ME14 1XQ, by 16th March
- Please see below regarding appeal arrangements for TGS
If you have been offered a place here TGS will endeavour to send its own welcome letters and registration forms to families on 6th March but this may alter due to ongoing school closure.
Cut off scores:
We can advise parents that on the 1st March allocation admissions offers were made to the eligible students to the following cut off scores:
Area Cut Off - 369
Governor Places Cut Off - 394
The School has offered 2 places to eligible students using the Pupil Premium criteria for entry
You should note that where a score is tied then eligible applicants are ordered by proximity to school
Due to the poor weather conditions we may not have a full complement of staff on site Thursday 1st March, Friday 2nd March to respond to telephone queries or the School may not be open for the full day. If you have any urgent queries regarding Year 7 Admissions September 2018 please email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance with your name, contact telephone number and your query. We will then be able to respond to your query as soon as we are able either by email or by phone.
We will not be able to share ‘cut off’ scores until 2nd March and these will be posted on the Year 7 admissions page http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/year7-admissions/
Any declined places will be filled via KCC’s Reallocation on 25th April. Following this TGS will run its own waiting list, filling any vacated places as and when they occur.
For those offered places at TGS the following key dates might be useful to note:
Monday 2nd or Tuesday 3rd July depending on the House allocation
Induction Day and Evening
Thursday 5th July
More information about these events will be included in our offer letter.
For those not offered places updated information about our appeals, including all the key dates, is on the TGS website http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/appeal-information/
The next Open Morning is Thursday 21st June and full details will be posted on the website nearer the time http://www.tgs.kent.sch.uk/open-events/
I hope this has been helpful but if you have any queries please do contact me email@example.com or 01732 365125 ext 250.
Year 7 Admissions